I’m breaking this down over three days ths year, seeing if I don’t forget anything like last year. Here goes nothing!
1. RENT – Can’t say I saw that coming. In the past year, no movie has affected me this much. I don’t think I’ve cried so hard in a theater since Big Fish. Look, I know you might scoff at musicals. That’s cool. Give Rent a chence, though. It’s worth it.
2. SERENITY – Putting aside the fact that I never thought this movie would be made, I’ll just say that this one was such a close second it wasn’t even funny. Hilarious as hell, action-packed, and full of surprises you’ll never see coming. Can’t stop the signal.
3. KING KONG – Probably would have liked this more if it was just three hours of giant ape and dinosaur fights. Still, an incredible theater experience.
4. BATMAN BEGINS – Holy shit, somebody made a good Batman movie. Who woulda thunk it?
1. LOST – Come on, this one doesn’t really need any explanation, does it? Let me just say that, as a writer, the continuity on this show never ceases to amaze me. I was a little disappointed at the shift from “Castaways in a freaky island” to “Castaways in a freaky bunker,” but I’m still in love with this show.
2. ARRESTED DEVELOPEMENT – A shame. We all know it’s a shame, but we also know that Fox tried really hard to keep this show up and running. Favorite scene of the final season…
“That wasn’t part of my trick, Michael.”
“Next time, on Arrested Developement.”
“It was part of my illusion!”
3. ENTOURAGE – Thank you Randy, for introducing me to this show. I owe you one. Never have I seen such a funny, laid back show.
4. RESCUE ME – Once again one of my favorite shows. Dennis Leary writes tragic and funny at the same time. “I experimented the shit out of him.”