Somebody much smarter than me (or not as smart, but better at coming up with catchy little phrases) once said that life is a constant process of redefining your goals.Â Or something.Â I’m paraphrasing.Â Wouldn’t you like to be a paraphraser, too?
It’s a slow day.Â You will deal with my shitty jokes.
Anyway, as I sit here pondering what my current goals are, I thought it might be a good idea to write them down.Â And since anything worth writing down is worth sharing (except the directions to all the dead hobos I buried last December), I figured I would go ahead and share them with you.Â Because really, what the fuck else am I gonna blog about this week?
NATE’S GOALS FOR 2008 (in no particular order)
1. Sell two more short stories.
2. Finish rewrite on current novel.
3.Â Write first draft of next novel.
4. Sell out entire run of secret project number one.
5. Announce secret project number two (should probably announce project one, as well).
6. Establish a third secret project (because that would be awesome).
7. Come up with somethingÂ spectacular for Shawna’s birthday.
8. Afford saidÂ spectacular thing.
9. Maintain sobriety.
10. Finish the Dark Tower series.
So there you have it, friends.Â Don’t you feel like we’ve shared something?Â Do you have any goals for 2008?Â Does this look infected?Â You gonna eat that last fry?